Monday, November 08, 2004

A Letter from the Florida Department of State

Changed title of "% Total Voters" column to "% Total Votes Cast" to allay confusion. Dated news sources.

This email message appeared in this thread on the Something Awful forums:

From: "Allen, Tracey" <TAllen@dos.state.fl.us> Add to Address Book
To: Intrepid00
Subject: RE: Other - Questions/Comments from Website
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:10:12 -0500

The voter turnout figures have not been updated since election night.
They
are currently being updated. The vote count for all races is correct.
If
you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tracey Allen
Webmaster
Florida Division of Elections

tallen@dos.state.fl.us

I know that the turnout data has, indeed, been updated since election night, as I made a PDF of the results as they appeared on the Florida Department of State's website yesterday. View it here. I also know that I created my Excel file at 8:09 PM on November 5, and the Presidential election information I imported into it and the information on the Department of State's website are the same. Logically, knowing that "the vote count for all races is correct," I know that the vote has been correct since at least November 5.

Why would the turnout information lag so far behind?

Much of the data on the Florida Department of State's turnout page has been updated today. One of the counties, Osceola, is still reported as having more ballots cast than voters turned out. While 81,917 reportedly turned out, 82,178 votes were cast for President. 261 more votes were cast than voters that voted. My Excel spreadsheet has been updated with this calculation. I've saved a PDF of the turnout page as it reads today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home